Human Rights Commitee (ICCPR)
The Human Rights Committee, monitors implementation of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (1966) and its optional protocols, the first of which gives the Committee competence to examine individual complaints with regard to alleged violations of the Covenant by States parties.
The Center for Civil and Political Rights has prepared NGO Guidelines on the reporting process of the Human Rights Committee.
IDA monitors the work of the Human Rights Committee and advocates for the mainstreaming of disability rights in the carrying out of its mandate.
Here below you can find information about the recent session of the Human Rights Committee. For detailed information on past sessions of the Human Rights Committee, please click the link "View All Sessions" at the bottom of this page.
The Human Rights Committee met for its 109th session from 14 October – 1 November 2013.
It also adopted lists of issues on Burundi, Georgia, Ireland, Japan, Latvia and Sudan.
The public sessions were webcast live and archived for subsequent viewing.
The Committee continued its first reading of its draft General Comment no 35 on Article 9 of the ICCPR.
- IDA compilation of disability-relevant recommendations of the adopted Concluding Observations
- IDA compilation of disability-relevant questions of the adopted list of issues
- Joint submission for the list of issues on Japan
- Human Rights Committee’s draft General Comment no 35
- Joint response on the Human Rights Committee’s draft General Comment no 35 by WNUSP, CHRUSP, PANUSP, ENUSP, PAIIS & IDA: Executive summary & full submission